Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

Turn Your Day Around

Yesterday sucked. So did today, until 7th period. However, I don't want to dwell on the sucky-ness. Days that suck happen (now more often than they used to);they're just a part of life. Something else that really should become a part of life is making these sucky days into good, or even great, ones. And I've figured out how. At least, how for me. Be with people that make you laugh. I have friends, who I love, but recently, even they can't make me laugh. So today during 7th period I hung out with someone different. I found this girl (she was called Annie in my first post, so I'll keep with that pseudonym) and we just talked and laughed all during 7th period. Then 8th period happened (yay for double frees!) and I stayed with her instead of finding my other friends and we met up with some of her friends and I really just had a great time. We built two snowmans and we erased dirt off of the bottom of shoes and I laughed more than I had for a while. And it was wonderful. I'm always scared of branching out and meeting new people, but that's what I needed today. There's lesson learned.

On another note: my family has a tradition of going out for ice cream if my sister and I get good grades on our report cards (never haven't), so last night we branched out a bit and went to an italien gelatto place. It was sooo good, and way creamier than ice cream. So there's that.

And tomorrow's Winter Ball, so I'm really looking forward to all of the awkwardness that will come from that (sarcasm here people). (I'm sarcastic a lot). (I also use parenthesis a lot). (Like, way too much). (Like, this needs to stop now). (Ok, for real: now).


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely time with her. Have fun at the dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Friends are great. The dance was... a lot better than expected. It's actually really fun to go single!

      Delete