Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2015

I'm A City Girl

Well. DC was amazing. I learned that I LOVE the city. Like, everything. I also fell in love with public transportation. Like, we were able to get anywhere by the metro or a bus or walking easily. Where I live, that is not possible at all. We went sight seeing and toured a few colleges, which really helped cement the idea that I'm going to college in a year and a half. I can't wait. Like, I am so ready to go live alone.

This is going to sound a bit weird, but while we were in DC, I saw a woman hail a taxi for the first time. It was really cool to watch. Like, before this trip, I've seen about 20 taxis total and it was just kinda empowering to see somebody take advantage of a taxi and make it stop for her. I dunno. I told you it would sound weird.

Ok. Here are some pictures from our trip:
Sorry none of the photos are edited... I don't have any good editing software on my laptop.

ze metro

sooo many pillars


national cemetary
just some cool rocks

sister imitating a bear sloth thing

library of congress

we don't have squirrels where i live, ok?

the capitol was under reconstrutcion

our only family portrait






























































































































1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love the pictures, especially the one of the cool rocks xD this post has bumped DC up about 5 places on my 'cities in the US to visit' list.

    thatcrazygiraffe.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete